Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Past 6 Months

As you may well know, I haven't posted for the past six months. It's not for lack of anything going on, quite the opposite. It's lack of time and, honestly, motivation to write it all down! So we'll do a month by month recount starting with August...

August: Started my LAST semester at BYU!!!
September: Had three med school interviews in Arizona and Kansas City.
October: Got accepted to Midwestern University in Arizona and KCUMB in Kansas City.
November
: Applied for the Health Professions Scholarship through the Air Force. Turned 24.
December: Graduated from BYU in Physiology and Developmental Biology with a minor in Chinese!!! Spent Christmas will all 27 members of my family. Found out I was selected by the Air Force for the Health Profession Scholarship. Busy month...
January: Get a bachelors and work at a grocery store... don't worry I set my sights high. (I really like my job and thoroughly enjoy some of the people I work with. I only needed a job for five months or so so it was crazy for me to try and find a new one. I'm not trying to justify anything but it makes me laugh to think about it nonetheless.)
February: Commissioned a 2nd Lieutenant in the Air Force. They came to my parents' home so my terminally ill father could participate. It really meant a lot to him, my family, and me.
Soon to Come: I'm bungee jumping from the Navajo bridge into the Grand Canyon! Height of bridge- 400 ft. + Length of bungee rope - 200 ft = 1 freaky free fall

Overall, I've had a lot of fun and continue to do so. Here are some pictures to help visualize!


























3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!!!! My sweet boy - so excited for the post, pics, etc. I don't know how I'm going to survive once you move to AZ. I don't get there as often as I do Utah. But I'm excited for you!

Julie said...

Congratulations, Daniel! I'm excited for you. Best of luck in the future of the Air Force and medical school. I'm so glad the Air Force came to your house for you and your dad. Sorry about your dad passing.

Chalece said...

Dan... wow you are coming to Midwestern? When do you move here? Did you know that is where Mike goes? Let me know if you need any help finding a place to live or with anything else. I'm excited for you.