Thursday, August 13, 2009

Happenings

Breathe... I know it's startling, but I am actually posting something again. I figured I would give a quick update so people know I'm not dead. The summer is almost over again (double sigh) but I have been busy. I did school during the spring term and finally had a break (after two years!) I have taken the MCAT (Medical College Application Test) and did all right on it and am in the process of completing my secondary applications for med school (I'm done with the primaries and have applied to 20 schools total). I graduate in December and since there are no ceremonies then I am walking in a couple days! I have been working a ton at Macey's Grocery Store as a supervisor during the days and evenings and still have my Friday night graveyard. As for the fun, I went to Arizona for a week, went and did service at an orphanage in Mexico a few days later, went to a Kenny Chesney concert, went hiking with Tricia, and enjoyed time with friends and family. I have tried a series of new cookies from the Mrs. Fields cookbook but none of them were very good except the Jessica's Marshmallow Cloud recipe. Chocolate cookie with chocolate chips and marshmallow baked right in. So good. Click here for the recipe. I did 350* instead of 325*. I'll be sure to get a picture in a cap and gown and then I'll post some pictures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sweet boy! Hello!! I thought I'd just check your blog but expect to see Happy Pi Day as usual. It's great to see you are back...kind of. Love you!

Pat said...

Congratulations!!! I love you.

Anonymous said...

umm - boy. . .are you going to surprise us all and update your blog? I'm dying to hear what's new. . .like Lieutenant Daaaeennn.