Thursday, April 17, 2008

Human Anatomy

Two posts in a day... I'm on a roll:
This semester I have taken Human Anatomy and I absolutely love this class. There is a lecture portion where you learn about body systems and there is a lab portion where you actually study cadavers and learn the specific structures. It was kind of weird at first to study dead bodies but after a few times, it was just cool. I loved it so much that I wanted to be an Anatomy Lab TA so I filled out an application and had a mock-teaching interview yesterday and decided to teach briefly about the male reproductive system. I started out with the testes and asked why they needed to be away from the body. A girl answered, "For temperature control." I said, "Right. If the sperm are too hot, they die. If they are too cold, they die. They are kind of testy...." I came up with that right off the top of my head. If I had planned that out, it would have been stupid and cheesy but it was hilarious. I got one of the TA positions; I am super excited!!!

10 comments:

audrey said...

You crack me up! Congrats on the job! Coming to AZ this summer? Thanks for the tag too!

Angie said...

Way to go Daniel - that sounds like a cool job. Way to be funny without even trying!

Jolene said...

Congrats on your TA job. Isn't the body amazing?

allie askins said...

THAT WAS FUNNY. very witty!!
i'm taking that class this semester too!
i hope you come down this summer.
and we can sit by the pool and tan.
and you made cheesecake of course.

elizabeth said...

Good job.

Anonymous said...

Congrats my sweet girl - I mean my sweet boy!! I just wrote a post on Becky's blog. Can you tell my mind isn't all there. I guess your's isnt' always either - but you sure come up with funny ones. Love you!

Mindy said...

congrats mr. teste(y)! i too loved my human anatomy classes but our labs did not have cadavers. what the hell?

Ashley said...

Hey Daniel my friend!!! How are you? Long time no see!!!!

Rachel Leigh said...

Awesome! I loved my anatomy class too. I missed the male/female reproduction lab though... what was I thinking? Maybe you can teach me now MR. TA!

Julie said...

Way to go! That makes me laugh out loud right now! Congrats on the TA job.