Sunday, November 11, 2007

Weekend in Shanghai

I know it seems like all I do is go on vacation, and well, it is. :) To take a break from vacationing, I go to class. This weekend's adventure with my class was to Suzhou and Shanghai. On Friday, we went to gardens and a silk factory in Suzhou for part of the day and continued on till Shanghai for the rest of the weekend. It wasn't really a strictly planned vacation so we were free to do what we wanted the whole time. The best part was when we all took a little cruise boat tour in the harbor and you can see all the new and jazzy buildings in Shanghai. This is the last trip we had a class so we'll have to see what else my friends and I can plan before we go back to the US.

This is Suzhou gardens with a Pagoda and me with my Chinese "MOM", Professor Zhou.











This is still Suzhou and the silk worm cocoons which actually what silk comes from. 7,000 cocoons make 1 silk blanket.











This is Shanghai with all the lights. My friends Ray, Bethany, and Hannah (middle).












This is one of the coolest buildings in Shanghai.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Boy! And, you'll have to see what trips you can plan with me and Amy before you go back to the US. I'm very excited!!!

Mindy said...

daniel somehow your pics look way better than mine. i may have to borrow some when i finally get around to scrapbooking that 2005 trip. sigh. i loved the oriental pearl tower and the canals of suzhou. good times.